Committed to the wider world.
To us, being a responsible bank is a tangible and important concept. We are committed not just to our clients, but to the wider world. We regard ethics as central to our work and have set out our commitment to corporate responsibility through the Group’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policy, which is rooted in four main areas:
- Economic responsibility: financing the economy in an ethical manner
- Social responsibility: pursuing a committed and fair human resources policy
- Civic responsibility: combating exclusion, promoting education and culture
- Environmental responsibility: combating climate change.
This policy has so far resulted in very real and significant action. For example:
- We’ve committed €38.1million to philanthropic projects focused on the environment; health; education; culture; and social exclusion. You can find out about many of them here.
- We’ve signed the United Nations Statement of Support for the Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEP) and support women’s networks in our offices.
- We’ve also set up the BNP Paribas Foundation, which drives much of our philanthropic work.
- And we have put in place proactive Diversity policies, designed to encourage and celebrate the rich variety of people within our business. With over 190,000 employees working in almost 80 countries, it makes perfect sense to embrace diversity – in fact, it’s essential to our success. Each person brings their own special qualities, background, knowledge and personality, to make BNP Paribas the business it is. That’s why we support communities of all kinds within the business, through numerous networks and employee groups.
To find out more please click here